By Savannah Coombe, Food Editor
The Croft Magazine // Food Editor Savannah Coombe’s dish for when you want to impress with low effort.
Top Tip: Buy the salmon in bulk from the frozen aisle to save money on an item that can otherwise be quite expensive.
4 salmon fillets
3 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
60ml light soy sauce
1 bsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
Black pepper & salt
1. Put 2 tbsp olive oil and the salmon fillets (skin up) in a pan on medium-high heat.
2. Cook until golden brown, flip salmon fillets and final tbsp of olive oil.
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, around 1 minute.
4. Whisk together soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and chilli flakes.
5. Add lemon rounds and soy mix to the pan.
6. Cook until sauce has reduced by a third, continuously basting the salmon as you go.
7. Serve with a lemon round on top and lots of reduced sauce.
Enjoy this recipe? Check out more ideas below.
Featured Image: Epigram / Savannah Coombe
Have you tried this recipe yet?