January horoscopes

The Croft Magazine // The Croft’s resident clairvoyant reveals what the stars have in store for you in the new year...

By Rosie Angel-Clark, The Croft Co-Editor-in-Chief

Capricorn

22 December – 19 January

Epigram / Alice Proctor

The new moon in your sign on the 2nd lands at the perfect time to start afresh. Teamwork and leadership come to the fore as you may be forced to work with people you’d rather not – they’ll turn out to not be too bad! Someone you meet in a seminar or academic setting may soon become much more: expect a new best friend or even a romantic connection!

Aquarius

20 January – 18 February

Epigram / Alice Proctor

Cooler, calmer and more collected than ever, you start the year with a clear head, ready to face assessments and the start of term. Determination replaces 2021’s party spirit: whatever you’re after seems much more achievable. Romance is off the charts – perhaps a New Year’s sweetheart will develop into something more?

Pisces

19 February – 20 March

Epigram / Alice Proctor

Jupiter encourages your introverted side and you may find you want to spend the majority of your free time reflecting or sticking with close friends and family. The watery full moon on the 17th stirs up some crazy dreams – pay attention! From the 24th, the introspection is over and you’re ready to party, just in time for term starting up again!

Aries

21 March – 19 April

Epigram / Alice Proctor

The new year brings with it a yearning for change, and you start the month with a driven, self-focused attitude. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s selfish to look out for yourself! Relationships may be temperamental for a while with Mars’ complex energy cluttering the air, but rest assured that come the 24th, things will begin to settle.

Taurus

20 April – 20 May

Epigram / Alice Proctor

You’re the popular one this month as friends flock to you for support. Creative endeavours are promising. You’re feeling quite reserved in terms of romance, with big gestures and PDA off the table for the time being, giving you the opportunity to really get to know someone you’re becoming fond of.

Gemini

21 May – 20 June

Epigram / Alice Proctor

If there’s one thing you hate it’s stagnation – and relationships are starting to feel a bit mundane. Inject some spontaneity in your communication style or plan a getaway with someone you love and the excitement will trickle back. You may hit a block with career plans, but don’t sweat it – the work you do in the background will pay off more than you can imagine.

Cancer

21 June – 22 July

Epigram / Alice Proctor

Something about a romantic encounter could make you feel slightly bashful and nervous – it’s just your fears talking, not reality! The full moon in your sign on the 17th enhances your naturally nurturing side – maybe a friend needs some support. Be your usual giving self, but remember not to overstretch yourself.

Leo

23 July – 22 August

Epigram / Alice Proctor

You’re more driven than ever in study and career matters, and your efforts are being noticed – potentially resulting in a promotion or award. Restlessness kicks in mid-month, and you’re itching to get back to university life, possibly with a new list of societies you’re keen to give a go. With a new opportunity comes a new connection, so make of it what you will…

Virgo

23 August – 22 September

Epigram / Alice Proctor

You’re conflicted over matters of the heart as the new year hits: it’s not the time to rush into anything. Introspection is paramount, and working on building yourself helps you bounce back brighter than ever. Energy builds from the 24th, and expect an unexpected encounter once term starts up again – someone you meet now might end up sticking around long term.

Libra

23 September – 22 October

Epigram / Alice Proctor

Your feelings may keep themselves concealed even from you early in the month, resulting in confusion in relationships and career matters. This is short-lived, though, and later in the month you’re all about change – maybe you change your mind about a job you’ve been set on for years, or suddenly get the urge to travel somewhere new when the opportunity arises again.

Scorpio

23 October – 21 November

Epigram / Alice Proctor

2021 might’ve been delivering knock after knock to your self-esteem, but the new year is here to give you a much-needed boost. In work and study matters, you may be confronted with an important decision: trust yourself to know best. In relationships, you’re feeling calmer than you have for a long time – it’s amazing what some self-belief can do.

Sagittarius

22 November – 21 December

Epigram / Alice Proctor

You’re feeling uncharacteristically measured as a gaggle of planets presses you to just slow down. A new sense of peace washes over your relationships, too, and any lingering arguments and unspoken tensions fade to insignificance. If you’ve been struggling to get over something (or someone), the new year provides the sense of closure you’ve been looking for.

Featured image: illustrations by Alice Proctor