By Maddy Clegg, Food Editor
This meal is the perfect warming Winter dish. It's hearty, comforting and the best thing about it is it looks like you've put in lots more effort than you actually have! Time to impress your flatmates (your secret is safe with me)!
This recipe was made in partnership with Merchant Gourmet, who are currently recruiting for Student Ambassadors - read on to find out how to apply! Become a MG Student Brand Ambassador – Merchant Gourmet (merchant-gourmet.com)
2 sweet potatoes
2 tsp harissa
1 tbsp olive oil
250g Merchant Gourmet Tomatoey French puy and green lentils
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 red onion, thinly sliced
300g cherry tomatoes
125g goats cheese, chopped into chunks
Handful black olives, roughly chopped
Handful of parsley, finely chopped
Salt to season
1. Heat your oven to 180C.
2. Slice your potatoes in half. Score diagonal lines across your potato to create a criss-cross effect. Rub the harissa evenly across the scored potatoes. Put into the oven on a tray greased with olive oil and seasoned with salt. Cook for 45 minutes. (If you want to speed up the cooking time, put your potatoes into the microwave for 10 minutes before cutting them in half. They will only take 20 minutes in the oven after this.)
3. Meanwhile, in a pan heat a dash of oil and gently fry the onions. Once soft, add in the pepper and cherry tomatoes. Let this all bubble away, gently stirring every so often. As the tomatoes start to soften, squash them slightly to release the juices.
4. Wash the kale and massage in a baking tray with 1 tsp oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
5. Heat your Merchant Gourmet lentils following the guidance on the packet.
6. Time to assemble! Making sure everything is cooked, take the potatoes and kale out of the oven. Firstly, bed your plates with the crispy kale. On top, place the harissa roasted potato halves. Spread the lentils over the potato and then cover them in your tomatoes, peppers and onions. Next is your goats cheese followed with the final scattering of olives and parsley.
7. Tuck in and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, read on to find out about how you can get involved with Merchant Gourmet by becoming one of their brand ambassadors!
Passionate about the planet and want to earn some extra £££?
Merchant Gourmet is on the lookout for 8-10 Student Brand Ambassadors from The University of Bristol to act as on-the-ground advocates.
- Endless MG products and cash incentives.
- Invaluable marketing and sales experience.
- Careers advice from wider MG team and a potential paid summer internship.
- The chance to be a force for good!
Interested? Read more and apply here: https://www.merchant-gourmet.com/our-blog/post/become-a-mg-student-brand-ambassador/
The application deadline is 21st December, good luck!
Featured image: Maddy Clegg