Red Alert: Doors Open at the New and Improved Three Horses Bar

On the hunt for a fresh new bar with cheap pints? Look no further - The Three Horses (Clifton Hill House Bar) has just had a glow-up.

By Lou Craven, Digital Food Editor

Hidden on the ground floor of CHH, the Three Horses has a lot to offer; booze, food, games and a great space to chill – what more could you need? The whole bar has recently been revamped and modernized with amazing Bristol-based décor and neon lights. Everything in the bar is student-oriented from atmosphere to prices, and the best part? Everyone’s welcome, not exclusively CHH residents and first years.

Bar Snacks at The Three Horses | The Croft / Lou Craven

As part of their glow-up, the bar now has a pool table, X-box, Nintendo Wii and offers a range of snacks to accompany your £2.65 (!) pints; cheesy nachos, hot dogs (vegan option available) and popcorn, all tried and tested by the Food Team - definitely above and beyond your average bar snacks. Oh, and the temptation doesn’t stop there: with unbelievable deals like Wednesday’s £1 nachos and Thursday’s Hot Dog and a pint for £4 – you can’t get much better value than that!

The bar boasts an amazing entertainment space, open from 6pm-11pm Wednesday to Sunday and hosts a whole range of events. So far this term Gustavo, the bar manager, has organised  Fifa Fridays, pub quizzes and sports match showings. Starting on the 5th November there will be a Friday evening viewing of ‘The Witcher’ to recap before the new series comes out in December. No Halloween plans? The Three Horses has got you covered. This Friday (29th) they’re hosting a spooky party with vampire’s kiss cocktails, hot dog fingers and other halloween treats and everyone’s welcome!

Halloween Celebration at The Three Horses | The Croft / CHH Catering

As well as all their own events, the bar team are encouraging students to take charge of the space with their own activities, think karaoke, open mic nights, stand-up comedy and so much more. So, if you’re looking for a new meeting location for your society, somewhere to put on a performance or simply somewhere to relax, this is the place for you. In my opinion, the Three Horses is going to be the next big thing - come and see for yourself and make the most of the cheap pints and all else they have to offer!

Bar at The Three Horses | The Croft / Lou Craven

To book or enquire about events email: uob-catering@bristol.ac.uk

Featured image: Lou Craven

When will you make your first visit?