The Croft Editor's letter: Issue 14

The Croft Magazine // Spreading love and light in a rather Bleak Midwinter

By Orin Carlin, The Croft Editor

‘And the angel said unto them…I bring you good tidings of great joy,’ Well, quite. My halo may be slightly crooked, but otherwise never has this sentiment rang more true. It’s our Christmas issue here at The Croft and I couldn’t be more thrilled to impart all the festive merriment that we have been working on.

In preparation for the 25th, the Style team have shared what they’ll each be sporting on the big day. Spoiler alert: Joan Collins (who personally favours the conventional ugly Christmas jumper), avert your eyes! Food also have swayed from tradition, having put a zesty spin on a stone-cold classic and Travel have swept us away from our sofas to a joyous range of festive film locations.

Such fun! I hope you love this issue as much as I do, The Croft has been a truly welcome distraction during such a whirlwind of a year for both writers and readers alike. Now we must all recharge and reset in preparation for 2021 in all its uncharted glory.

But most importantly, be merry! Dare to be indulgent! By all means, gorge yourself on glistening pigs in blankets all the way into a cosy food coma, simultaneously pull so many crackers that you’re broaching a fire hazard or turn blue in the face daring to rival Mariah’s high note but for the love of god, do NOT sneak down at 5AM and open absolutely everyone’s presents. My poor sister was only three, but my parents will never, ever let her forget it.

Peace, love and health to you and yours.

Featured Image: Unsplash / Sharon McCutcheon

Check out The Croft over on Instagram!

A post shared by The Croft Magazine (@thecroftmagazine_)