By Lou Craven, Digital Food Editor
If you like the sound of this, you'll like the sound of the Merchant Gourmet Brand Ambassador scheme - 11 DAYS LEFT TO APPLY - read on for: a delicious recipe, an opportunity for a supply of lentils to make the delicious recipe, £££, AND some amazing experience...
1 pack Merchant Gourmet Beluga Lentils
6 sausages (meat or veggie depending on preference!)
1 onion, diced
2 gloves of garlic, diced
2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp fennel seeds (if you’ve got some)
Handful of bay leaves and rosemary
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin butter beans (or any beans you have in the cupboard – kidney, haricot)
Handful of kale/spinach
1. Fry your sausages in a glug of oil for ~10mins until nice n caramelised
2. Add in your garlic and spices – fry off for a few stirs
3. Add in your onion, gently fry till lovely and soft – ideally ~10mins (add more oil if needed)
4. Season with salt and pepper, add the handful of herbs and the tin of beans – give it all a stir
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and lentils, bring to a simmer
6. Simmer away for about 30mins, stir every now and then – check for sticking, add a splash of water if needed
7. Mix through your kale/spinach until wilted
8. TUCK IN!!!
Really quite tasty with a hunky bit of bread or a flatbread to dip in the unctuous sauce.
This recipe is super versatile – you can switch in different types of MG lentils, mix up the type of sausage, the type of beans, the veg, the spices… it’s just a great base for a stew to add in whatever you’ve got in your fridge/cupboard.
If you like this recipe, read on to find out about how you can get involved with Merchant Gourmet by becoming one of their brand ambassadors!
Passionate about the planet and want to earn some extra £££?
Merchant Gourmet is on the lookout for 8-10 Student Brand Ambassadors from The University of Bristol to act as on-the-ground advocates.
- Endless MG products and cash incentives.
- Invaluable marketing and sales experience.
- Careers advice from wider MG team and a potential paid summer internship.
- The chance to be a force for good!
Interested? Read more and apply here: https://www.merchant-gourmet.com/our-blog/post/become-a-mg-student-brand-ambassador/
The application deadline is 21st December, good luck!