Juliette Dudley brings you some foodie-oriented inspo for those last minute Christmas presents.

Buying gifts during the holiday season can sometimes seem overwhelming, especially when there are so many people to buy for! Whether you’re taking part in a cheap and cheerful Secret Santa or going all out for your bestie, this foodie inspired gift list will give you all the inspiration you need to make shopping this Christmas a joy rather than a chore; it may even give you some ideas to put on your own wishlist!

For the friend who’s always up for trying new things!

Book an experience day! Websites such as Virgin Experience Days have a great range to choose from: cookery classes, treat boxes, tastings and fine dining. Regardless of your budget, this is guaranteed to put a smile on anyone’s face! These are great for the person who needs to take more time for themselves and also means you get to join in on the fun too!

Food & Drink Experience Gifts | Virgin Experience Days
Virgin Experience Days is the perfect place for Food & Drink experiences. Click to find the perfect gift experiences.

For the avid baker!

A cake stand! Although not much of a baker myself, this would be a great addition to any kitchen to proudly show off your bakes. There’s a great ferris wheel cake stand on Etsy by the seller YolliUK which is destined to make any afternoon tea and cake gossip session with friends all the more perfect!

For the sushi fanatic!

Although delicious, going out for sushi can be quite expensive! Last year I bought my own sushi making kit and have got great use out of it; with friends, on dates or even on my own as a relaxing, mindful activity. This is ideal for a sushi lover who will enjoy spending a little extra time making it for themselves. It’s fairly inexpensive and easy to find (Amazon has lots of options) so expect an invite for a sushi night very soon!

For the friend in need of some inspiration!

A cookbook is a failsafe gift for a foodie, especially for someone wanting to try a new cuisine or diet. With January, or ‘Veganuary’ only a few months away, why not give the gift of helping the environment through a vegan cookbook? There’s a huge range available, each with their own uniqueness! I’d suggest going to a local independent bookshop or buying them second hand to not only reduce the cost for yourself, but also continue to do good for those around you, it is the season of giving after all! The Really Hungry Vegan Student Cookbook, by Ryland Peters and Small is a great one for beginners!

recipe books The Croft / Lou Craven

For the artsy foodie!

Gifting artwork or a print can be quite tricky as it's often dependent on personal taste, but as long as it's gifted with love, you can’t go wrong with a food or drink themed piece of artwork for someone’s kitchen or bedroom wall and it can be such a unique gift! I recommend checking out Sofe (@iamfy on Instagram), a UK-based graphic designer whose prints will make the perfect gift for your foodie friend who also loves a bit of home decor plus, it’s always nice to support small businesses, especially at this time of the year.

featured image: Lou Craven

Which friend/family member springs to mind when you think 'foodie'?