Five Bristol student groups nominated for Bright Network Society of the Year Award

The Bright Network has nominated five different Bristol University student groups for their Society of the Year Awards.

By Eve Bentley-Hussey, SU Correspondent

The groups nominated are Chaos Bristol Physics, FUZE Bristol, the 93% Club, Bristol Men's Hockey and Bristol Women's Rugby.

Chaos Bristol Physics Society has been nominated for the Community Outreach award. This is for the society that has 'given the most back to the university and wider community, whether through charity work, volunteering and offering support.'

FUZE Bristol has been nominated for the Diversity and Inclusion Award. This is for promoting inclusion at the university and supporting members to get ahead and discover future opportunities.

The 93% Club has been nominated for the Impact on Campus Award. This award is for using new technology and modern thinking to support the campus community.

Lastly, Bristol Men's Hockey and Bristol Women's Rugby has been nominated for the Sports and Wellbeing Award. This is earned by raising awareness for wellbeing or encouraging greater participation in physical activity.

University of Bristol Women's Rugby team / UBWRFC

40 other societies from different Universities are nominated across 10 categories.

Bristol graduate awarded top UK prize for start-up business venture
Bristol student recieves PM's Points of Light award for launching charity scheme

The Bright Network is a careers network, providing young people with opportunities and advice on entering the workplace.

They said: "The Society of the Year Awards are a celebration of the tireless effort made by societies across the UK, building networks and creating opportunities to support their university community and beyond."

Featured Image: University of Bristol Women's Rugby

You can vote over the next 10 days for Bristol Network's award winners here