Bristol is the 2nd most targeted university by employers

A new report shows that University of Bristol students are some of the most targeted by the top 100 employers.

By Laura Reid, University Management Correspondent

Bristol has risen two places to take the second spot in the 2019 Graduate Market report.

The 10 universities targeted by the largest number of top graduate employers in 2018/2019 are: Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Warwick, University College London, Cambridge, Nottingham, Durham, Leeds and Oxford.

The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers list features companies including PwC, Goldman Sachs, GSK, HSBC, Rolls-Royce, the BBC, Amazon and the NHS.

Stuart Johnson, Director of the Careers Service, said:

'We’re thrilled to be ranked second in this latest report - the University’s highest ranking to-date. Bristol attracts some of the best students and produces some of the most employable graduates'

The report, conducted by High Fliers Research, found that the number of paid work experience places available at the UK’s leading graduate employers is expected to increase by 1.8% in 2019.

As well as this, the UK’s top employers are increasing their graduate vacancies by 9.1% in 2019, the highest annual rise in graduate recruitment since 2012.

The median starting salary for new graduates joining the UK's leading graduate employers in 2019 is £30,000. The report also found that at least a sixth of places on the top graduate programmes now provide starting salaries
of more than £40,000.

Featured Image: Flickr / Nick Smith

Keen to find out more? Get in touch!

Facebook/Epigram/Twitter