Preview/ TOKYO WORLD 2019

Tokyo World Festival will return to Eastville Park next weekend with official after-parties at Bristol's Motion.

By Bethany Marris, Deputy Digital Editor

Tokyo World festival will return to Eastville Park next weekend with official after-parties at Bristol's Motion.

Tokyo World will return to Bristol’s Eastville Park next weekend, between 21 and 22 September. The two-day festival boasts headlining performances from American hip-hop trio De La Soul and British DJ singer-songwriter Craig David. The headliners will play the eponymous Stage, with artists such as NAO, Gorgon City and last-year’s closing act Wilkinson preceding them. Presenting an eclectic mix of modern music, Kurupt FM, Lethal Bizzle and Jungle amongst others will also grace the Tokyo Stage.

For the third year running, the Hedonism Stage is set to host a selection of house royalty. Names on the Hedonism bill include electronic DJ Hannah Wants, BBC Radio 1’s Danny Howard and Detroit soul-techno pioneer Robert Hood.

Rising rap-star Aitch, Chris Lorenzo and Birmingham’s Conducta are locked in on the World Stage line-up. Here, performances will also come from Ms Banks, Royal T and Skepsis. Alternatively, Drum and Bass artists will dominate the Mutiny Stage, with acclaimed names such as Black Sun Empire, Delta Heavy and Bad Company UK geared to take over.

Tokyo World will run between 12 noon and 10pm on both Saturday and Sunday. That said, if this cut-off seems a little too early, there’s the option to dance through the night at the festival’s official Motion after parties. You can find information about these here.

Tickets in Bio 🎫

A post shared by Tokyo World (@tokyoworlduk) on

Last year’s headliner, Rapper and Vice Youtube favourite Action Bronson commented, ‘Tokyo World is just so fun: it’s a beautiful mix of all types of music, with a great crowd having a great time, all living their best life’. If you too fancy living your best life, there’s just a handful of tickets for the event left. Click here to grab one before it’s too late!

Featured Image/Tokyo World Press