My christmas wishlist

The Croft Magazine // Helena Reeds gives us some present inspiration from her luxurious wishlist.

By Helena Reeds, Third year Neuroscience

Cue the Christmas playlist, get that tinsel up and eat your first mince pie of the season because December is here, and it really is ‘the most wonderful time of the year’!

I tend to ask for items that I wouldn’t usually buy myself; items that are a little more on the luxurious side, so you keep them for a longer time. If you’re a little stuck on what to ask for and looking for some inspiration, here’s my personal Christmas wish-list that I’ll be sending to the North Pole ASAP!

Peachy Den Velvet Jumpsuit

Peachy Den is a UK based, slow-fashion brand that makes the most gorgeous clothing. I already have one jumpsuit from this brand, and I can honestly say it’s the most flattering pieces of clothing I own. This green velvet jumpsuit is an iteration of their famous ‘Kernel Jumpsuit’ that just screams Christmas and would make the perfect Christmas day outfit. The material is also extremely comfy (and stretchy), perfect for eating a whole box of mince pies in.

Velvet Jumpsuit, £110 | Peachy Den

Juicy Couture Pyjamas

Santa baby, slip some silk pyjamas under the tree for me! This set from Juicy Couture is seriously cute and gives me major ‘Elouise at the Plaza’ vibes. There’s something so luxurious about a matching PJ set and it isn’t something that you would usually buy yourself, so makes the perfect gift! If this set isn’t for you, check out similar ones from Victoria’s Secret or Les Girls Les Boys.

Pyjama Shirt, £65 | Juicy Couture 

A Statement Ring

This autumn/winter has seen a massive rise in playful accessories. I’ve been eyeing up some rings from July Child for a while, but they are just a little too pricey to justify using my overdraft for. A statement ring is also the perfect gift to ask for as it can be worn daily and is a little more sentimental. At the moment I’m loving these colourful ones from La Manso, and this Yin-Yang signet ring from Wilhelmina Garcia x July Child.

WG x JC Yin Yang Ring, £135 | July Child

Graphic Knitwear

A good quality, expensive knit is not something I would usually treat myself to, and I’ve been eyeing up this jumper for a while. I’ve been lusting for this graphic knit from Carhartt WIP. I love the simplicity of the text and I think this would go with so many items I already own in my wardrobe.

Sweater, £90 | Carhartt WIP

Poppy Lissiman Sunglasses

Last on my list is a good quality pair of Sunglasses. I don’t even want to tally up how much money I’ve spent on cheap sunglasses that just break within a week, so this year I’m asking for one, good quality pair of sunnies. I’m absolutely in love with this pair from Poppy Lissiman, which is an independent Australian brand. This year, especially, I think it’s important to buy from smaller, independent stores instead of big corporations which, frankly, don’t need the cash as much. So have a search online and find some alternatives to the classic Ray Bans that everyone else already owns anyway.

Camel Ren Glasses, £94 | Poppy Lissiman
How to shop sustainably on a student budget
What to wear this winter

What’s on your Christmas wishlist?

Featured Image: Helena Reeds / Epigram

Check out The Croft Magazine on Instagram for some more stylish content!