High on skincare: CBD, the ingredient to know

The Croft Magazine // Morgan Collins gives us the guide to incorporating CBD into your skincare routine.

By Morgan Collins, Style Digital Editor

CBD is an ingredient that has garnered a lot of attention recently within the beauty world, but what are its benefits? How does it work? And most importantly, will it get you high?

Unfortunately, no, CBD will not get you high. An acronym for ‘cannabidiol,’ CBD is a chemical compound found in cannabis plants; it is completely legal in the UK and across most of Europe. Although initially cast off as a gimmicky ingredient, recent research has revealed CBD’s many beneficial properties.

CBD is said to have multiple advantages when taken orally or applied topically; reduced inflammation and alleviated anxiety levels are among some of the benefits most likely experienced by users. On the whole CBD is a non-irritating ingredient that is safe to use for those with sensitive skin, and therefore, almost everyone would benefit from including it into their skincare routine.

CBD for anxiety relief - 200mg CBD Oil (2%), £39 | CBII

If you are someone with an acneic skin, CBD’s ability to reduce the production of sebum could have great results for you, especially due to the way it combats redness. Be aware; however, if you do struggle with acne to look for ‘CBD isolate,’ this is CBD in its purest form, it won’t clog your pores like other heavy CBD oils.

CBD for Acne - U.F.O Ultra Clarifying Face Oil, £34 | Cult Beauty

If these reasons are not enough for you, CBD has also been shown to provide similar benefits to that of antioxidants, which include evening out skin tone, brightening the skin and combating free radicals. On top of that CBD is a great ingredient to boost your sex life due to the fact that it promotes muscular relaxation.

CBD for the gym-goer - CBD Muscle Balm, £28 | Cannaray
CBD for sex - Foria Awaken Arousal Oil with CBD, £47.99 | The Drug Store

So, what are you waiting for? Inject some CBD into your routine.

'It has all the signs of a hipster hideout': Inside Bristol's CBD infused cafe
Spring clean: wardrobe edition

Featured image: Epigram/Morgan Collins

Check out The Croft Magazine on Instagram for some more stylish content!