A guide to Give it a Go sessions

There are over 400 different student groups and projects that you can get involved with at Bristol, so it can be a little overwhelming to decide which ones to sign up to and get involved with

By Bristol SU

Sponsored Content

There are over 400 different student groups and projects that you can get involved with at Bristol, so it can be a little overwhelming to decide which ones to sign up to and get involved with.

That’s why we run Give it a Go during October and February, giving you two times in the year that you can try something completely new, and with no strings attached.

What is Give it a Go?

Give it a Go provides a fun and friendly way to get involved with clubs, societies, volunteering and Networks. It allows you to ‘road test’ groups before signing up to membership for the year.

There are loads of different Give It a Go sessions on offer and most of them are for free.

As well as giving you the opportunity to try out different activities, it’s also a great way to meet like-minded people and find students from across different courses and year groups who might share a similar interest.

Give it a Go sessions are all aimed at beginners, so if you’ve never done something before it really doesn’t matter.

Do I need to be a first year to take part?

No, Give it a Go sessions are open to everyone. If you didn’t find your perfect student group last year, or want to try something different then you should also come along to some of the events.

Even better, there’s no limit to the number of sessions you can take part in so you can try as many as possible!

There are a huge range of activities on offer | Bristol SU

I want to try something new - what won't I have done before?

We can’t guarantee you won’t have tried it before, but there are some pretty interesting sessions planned.‌‌You could try handling exotic insects, attempt speed chess, try some bollywood dancing or go stargazing!

One of the great things about Give it a Go is that it shows the huge range of different things on offer. So you might come across something you didn’t expect, or have never considered trying before.

Where can I find out more information?

You can see all of the different events here.

Featured: Bristol SU

Which sessions are you excited for? Let us know.