Students raise over £800 to crowd-fund Biomed library cleaner's holiday

A crowd-funding page has been set up by students to send Herman, a well-known cleaner in the Biomedical sciences building to Jamaica for a week’s holiday.

The page explains, ‘Anyone who has been to the Biomedical sciences library knows who Herman is. Simply put, he is the epitome of happiness’.

The anonymous students who set up the crowd-funding page have already managed to raise over £800 of their £1000 target.

‘This page is simply just to give back to Herman- in the form of providing enough funds so that he can catch a flight to Jamaica for a week this summer to see his family’.

‘His undying positive energy and chit-chat has managed to turn many students’ dark days into positive ones filled with joy. Whether you’re just feeling generally down and out or stressed out due to exams, Herman is always there to speak to you’.

The students aiming to fund Herman’s holiday to Jamaica admire his ethos that ‘happiness is not about what you own, what job you have or how much money you’ve got, but about appreciating what you currently have in life’.

You can contribute to funding Herman’s trip via this link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sendhermantojamaica?ref=pageredirect

Featured image credit: Flickr / Julie Falk

Know more about this story? Get in touch!