Bristol shortlisted for best city life

Bristol has officially been shortlisted by the Whatuni Student Choice Awards for having the ‘best city life’ in the UK.

Other universities such as Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Leeds and Cardiff have also been shortlisted in the competition, the winners of which will be announced on 19th April by comedian Katherine Ryan at a ceremony in London.

In an interview the Head of Student Marketing at Bristol, Charlotte Wilson, said 'it would be brilliant to regain our title’ and that it’s ‘fantastic to have such a strong vote of confidence' from the students of Bristol, who were among a record breaking 36,423 students in the UK to cast their votes.

The students of Bristol may not be surprised by this result, as it’s one of the Universities with the highest rate of people moving back to the city after they graduate. Wilson went on to assert that Bristol 'doesn’t only offer a good nightlife, but there is an abundance of culture, a vibrant music scene, countless festivals, free activities, beautiful green spaces and lots of independent shops and cafes'.

The editor of Whatuni Eleni Cashell emphasised what an achievement being nominated for an award is, as 'the only judges at the WUSCAs are the students themselves. It showcases to both prospective students and the higher education sector that your institution offers value for money, provides a good student experience and has a highly satisfied and supported student community.'

Bristol is home to several music venues including Motion, voted one of the best clubs in the UK, as well as famously beautiful sights such as the Clifton Suspension Bridge. It is no wonder that student reviews describe Bristol as “vibrant”, “diverse”, with “always something going on for everyone”.

The University of Bristol won the ‘best city life’ award in 2015 and was nominated in 2016, so here’s hoping for a win this year.

Featured image credit: Evy Tang / Epigram

What do you think about the petition? Let us know... Facebook // Epigram // Twitter