SportNews2024

The University of Bristol Run Series 2024

The University of Bristol Run Series returns in 2024.

By Seb Davies, Third Year, Philosophy

The Bristol Run Series returns in 2024, bringing a number of virtual and in person events.

The run series is aiming to get people more active, irrespective of whether you live in Bristol or somewhere else in the world. Alongside boosting activity, the run series aims to create a community for those involved, with the #WeAreBristol. 

The Bristol Run Series is designed for runners of all ability, with no need to be an experienced runner to get involved. For 2024, the series includes three different pathways, each with three events that that can be completed either virtually or in person. 

Those new to running can join the ‘lets get started’ pathway, taking part in a 2.5km, 5km or 10km run. The ‘keep me moving’ pathway features 5km, 10km and a half marathon, whilst those who are experienced runners can join the ‘time to dare’ pathway taking part in either a 10km run, a half marathon and even a marathon! 

Once you have chosen which pathway is most appropriate, those wishing to take part can sign up here. Runners taking part get access to a support hub which provides advice and training programmes to help them prepare. 

Runners who complete all three events, whether that be in-person, virtually or both, will receive a BRS 2024 finishers medal. However, if you wish you can choose to not claim your medal and instead the cost of the medal will be donated to the University of Bristol’s Healthy Minds programme. 

The BRS supports and promotes the Healthy Minds programme, designed to help and support students who suffer with mental health difficulties through their studies. 

Both virtual and in-person events will be taking place from February through to July, with the full event schedule being found here

Featured image via University of Bristol website

Will you be taking part in the University of Bristol run series?