Music2022

Epigram Music's October gig round up

Epigram music rounds up some of the most exciting gigs happening in Bristol this upcoming October.

Photo by Harry Kessell / Unsplash

By Josh Templeman, Co-Deputy Music Editor

It’s no secret that Bristol’s music scene is one of the most exciting in the country. Combining some of the world’s biggest names with some curated picks from the editorial team, we’ve put together a list of just some of the most exciting gigs in Bristol this October.

Ashbeck – The Louisiana - 4th October

UK rap sensation Ashbeck makes his Bristol return to Bristol’s legendary Louisiana. Expect an explosive night of hip-hop from one of the scene’s upcoming talents.

Jockstrap – The Fleece - 5th October

One of the UK’s most exciting prospects, Jockstrap return to The Fleece this October. Bringing a high-energy night of experimental pop, this duo aren’t to be missed.

beabadoobee – O2 Academy - 7th October

Gen-Z icon beabadoobee makes her long anticipated return to the Bristol O2 Academy this October. Performing tracks from her critically acclaimed second album Beatopia, this one is sure to be popular.

Beabadoobe. Credit: Erika Kamano

Wolfgang Flür – The Exchange - 7th October

Ex-Kraftwerk member Wolfgang Flür makes an exciting return to Bristol. The German musician is sure to bring an explosive evening of electronic percussion to Bristol’s legendary Exchange.

Gardna + Friends – Trinity - 14th October

Combining dub, grime and dancehall, Gardna has been making waves all across the globe. Joining forces with the legendary Don Letts and vocalist Catching Cairo high energy and good vibes are guaranteed.

Let’s Eat Grandma – Thekla - 18th October

Returning to Bristol’s iconic Thekla, Let’s Eat Grandma are a critically acclaimed British pop group hailing from Norfolk. Describing their music as ‘electronic sludge pop’, this one is sure to be something different.

Let's Eat Grandma. Credit: Phoebe Fox

GZA – SWX - 18th October

GZA needs little introduction. The ex-Wu-Tang rapper returns to Bristol’s SWX on the 25th-anniversary tour of his legendary album Liquid Swords. Hip-hop enthusiasts cannot miss this one.

Sports Team – O2 Academy - 19th October

British band Sports Team return once again to the O2 academy following an exciting few years. Mercury prize nominations, vinyl sales records and countless sold-out shows later, this one looks like it could sell out.

Japanese Breakfast – Marble Factory - 20th October

After numerous postponements, Japanese Breakfast will finally perform in Bristol this month. If experimental dream pop is your vibe, then be sure to grab some tickets.

Hollie Cook - Thekla - 21st October

Daughter of Sex Pistol's star, Paul Cook, Hollie Cook has always been around music. Taking her music in a different direction, Hollie is a British reggae and pop singer as well as a keyboardist. She performs at Bristol's iconic Thekla on the 21st of October.

Alfie Templeman –  SWX - 26th October

English vocalist, multi-instrumentalist and producer heads up an exciting show at SWX this month. At just 19 years of age, the singer-songwriter has already been making waves across the UK and the world alike, with nearly 3 million monthly Spotify listeners.

Coops – Jam Jar - 27th October

Coops is one of the most exciting names in UK hip-hop. Bringing his signature soul and jazz-infused vibes to the Jam Jar this month, the rapper will be showcasing cuts from his new album alongside classic fan favourites.

Millie Manders and the Shut Up – The Exchange - 28th October

Describing themselves as “high-octane, fierce and bursting with attitude’, Millie Manders and the Shut Up are always popular among Bristol crowds. Returning to The Exchange this month, indie fans should be sure to secure some tickets for their gig.

HENGE – Lost Horizon - 30th October

Perhaps the most eccentric band on this list, HENGE will be bringing their show to Bristol’s Lost Horizon this October. Performing music which they refer to as “cosmic dross”, those of you into all things experimental should check this one out.

Featured image: Harry Kessell, Unplsash

What are you excited for in Bristol this October?