‘Alex Rider’ Season 2 starts filming at Goldney Hall

By Maddy Raven, Film & TV Editor

Vans and toilet cubicles have been spotted outside of Goldney Hall, and according to people living within the accommodation, a testing facility is up and running in The Orangery.

One of the University of Bristol's more well-known halls of residence, Goldney Hall is also where scenes from BBC's Sherlock (2010-2017) and Skins (2007-2013) have been shot in the past - you may recognise some of the rooms from the main building in scenes where Cassie attends therapy for her eating disorder in Season 1 of Skins.

Season 1 of Alex Rider, distributed by Amazon Prime, was released last year, and principal photography for Season 2 has started in earnest, with COVID cleaners being hired, alongside art department, via various Facebook groups for Bristol film and TV professionals.

Last week, the same trucks and cubicles were seen in Berkeley Square, with the distinctive Eleventh Hour Films printed on the side - that's the company who produce the series.

The side of the main Goldney Hall building is lit up, and The Orangery has been transformed into a canteen and testing centre, suggesting the crew are going to be there for a while.

Previously, the Alex Rider series was adapted into a film starring Alex Pettyfer, to middling reviews in 2006 - so far, the new adaptation by Eleventh Hour Productions has been praised as being a faithful adaptation. Let's hope that filming can continue safely, and uninterrupted.

Featured: Maddy Raven

Have you seen the first season of Alex Rider?

Epigram Film & TV / Twitter / Instagram