The Bristol Summer 2022 Events Guide

Amidst the storms and miserable weather which have characterised 2022 thus far, we look towards brighter days on the horizon with a run down of events in Bristol this summer.

Photo by Samuel Oakes / Unsplash

By Hannah Thompson, Second Year English

Dot to Dot Festival Saturday 28th May

One of Bristol’s most popular day festivals will return in May, kicking off the 2022 summer events season with a bang. It will take place across various venues in Bristol, with the first wave of announcements including names such as Frankie Stew & Harvey Gunn, Alfie Templeman and Nia Archives. With stages across the city filled with live music all day and even more acts to be announced, it is a great way to celebrate and discover new and upcoming talent.

Love Saves The Day Thursday 2nd June – Friday 3rd June

Bristol’s biggest music festival is hosted this year at a new location: the wonderfully scenic Ashton Court Estate. With a line-up headlined by Bicep, Chase& Status, Caroline Polachek and Arlo Parks, this year marks a decade of providing great music to Bristol, promising to be the biggest Love Saves the Day yet.

Motion’s Summer Solstice Garden Party Saturday 18th June

Motion’s garden opens once again to enjoy the beginning of summer. The party will begin at 1pm, with the fun-filled hours of daylight hosting the delightful combination of House and Disco DJs alongside BBQ food and cocktails.

Bristol Sounds concerts (Noel Gallagher, Jungle, First Aid Kit) Wednesday 22nd June – Sunday 26th June

This series of open-air concerts have provided an eclectic bill at the heart of the city’s harbourside. Following a two-year hiatus, the concerts will begin with Noel Gallagher taking the stage on the 22nd June. Electronic music collective, Jungle, will headline on Saturday 25th June and Sunday 26th June will welcome Swedish folk duo First Aid Kit. These exciting few days promise something for every music fan.

Nass Festival Thursday 7th July – Sunday 10th July

Whilst held a short journey away at the Bath & West Showground, Nass celebrates everything Bristol does best. The four-day festival will showcase not only urban and dance music, but also street art, skate and BMX. Headliners include AJ Tracey, Becky Hill, Wilkinson and Ocean Wisdom.

Bristol Beacon concerts (Nile Rodgers & CHIC, Belle and Sebastian) Wednesday 13th - Friday 15th July

Also hosted at the glimmering waterfront of Lloyds Amphitheatre, are the trail-blazing disco legends of Nile Rodgers and CHIC. They will play two consecutive nights, guaranteeing a vibrant party atmosphere. On the 15th June, indie-pop group Belle and Sebastian will take to the stage in a special gig which marks the group’s biggest ever concert in Bristol after 25 years of entertaining fans.

Bristol Harbour Festival Friday 15th – Sunday 17th July

Celebrating a mighty fifty years of music, markets and fun, the Bristol Harbour Festival returns this year after two years of cancellation. As one of the UK’s largest public festivals, the free events showcase the best of the city’s musical and performance roots, with a diverse range of genres covering disco, reggae and techno.

Forwards Festival Saturday 3rd – Sunday 4th September

Hosting its inaugural event on the Clifton Downs, Forwards Festival will be headlined by big names such as Jamie XX, The Chemical Brothers and Little Simz. With an aim to rethink the modern festival, the event also hopes to create positive change through social initiatives and a space for discussion and debate.

Tokyo World Festival Saturday 17th – Sunday 18th September

The popular urban and dance music festival returns to Eastville Park in September. Although the line-up is yet to be released, last year’s festival saw the likes of Basement Jaxx, Central Cee and Rudimental on stage, with the organisers stating that this year will be the best yet.

Whatever your musical preferences may be, summer in Bristol is sure to provide something exciting to fill the long, sun-drenched days hiding just around the corner.

Featured image: Samuel Oakes, Unslpash

What events will you be going to this summer?