Bristol Sounds summer concerts to return in 2022

After a two-year break, the Bristol Sounds concert series returns in 2022 with a stellar set of headliners.

By Theo Kent, Music Editor

It was announced today that Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Jungle, and First Aid Kit are billed to play at the long-awaited concert series. After this first wave of line-up announcements, more performers are due to be booked in the coming months.

After a two-year hiatus, the festival will once again be returning to the Lloyds Amphitheatre at the harbourside. Before this Covid-related pause, names such as Elbow, The Cinematic Orchestra, and Bloc Party all played at the hugely successful 2019 event.

Conal Dodds, event promoter at Crosstown Concerts said ‘we’re proud to announce the first acts from our strongest line-up yet.

‘After a long period without live music, the 2022 event marks a new and exciting rebirth for our harbourside series.’

Previously, Bristol Sounds held evening-only concerts, but 2022 will mark the first all-day events for the series. Gates will open at 2PM, and gig-goers can enjoy a full bill of acts daily from Wednesday 22nd through to Sunday 26th June 2022.

Noel Gallagher. Credit: Matt Crockett Press 

After headlining 2018’s The Downs Festival, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds are due to revisit Bristol once again on the opening night of Bristol Sounds. Electronic duo Jungle will also be headlining on the Saturday next year, while Swedish sisters First Aid Kit will be leading the bill on Sunday, supported by Bristol’s own Katy J Pearson.

Tickets will go on sale on Friday 26th November.

Featured image: Bristol Sounds

Will you be going to watch these headliners at Bristol Sounds next year?