The Naked Body: A Photographic Examination of Clothing, Being Seen and Unseen

Through an ensemble of Gothic photos, Charlotte examines the role of clothing in escapism.

THE CROFT/ Through an ensemble of Gothic photos, Charlotte examines the role of clothing in escapism.

My vision of this shoot plays with the concepts of formalware, practicality and escapism. Gearing the visual mediums of casual surroundings with the growing
‘impracticality’ of fashion together.

Creating a substantial difference between the environ-ments we survive in, and the formalware designed for us, we play with the ideas of what formalware is, and how
we choose it to be a type of escapism for us, within those worlds.

With the full understanding that escapism is at times necessary to step aside from the stressors of our current society, this shoot was designed to face those facets of escapism and reality towards each other.

A post shared by Kenan Slevira (@kenansleviraa)

Imagined through Kenan Slivera’s mind, this concept stems from the idea of a piece of thin georgette fabric, wrapped around a female body. Embodying and excentuating the female form. With fabric sown and woven within each other, it sneaks and peeks attention through each fold, draping the entire body in cloth from the wrists to ankles, concealing, yet revealing everything.

©Charlotte Pang
©Charlotte Pang

This shoot was taken with designer Kenan Silvera of Parsons University, New York. The models are Charlotte Pang and Erik Diehl.

©Charlotte Pang

*|Featured Image: Charlotte Pang |* *|Copy Editor: Grace O'Sullivan|*