News2023

Fundraiser launched after two Bristol teenagers fatally stabbed on Saturday Night

A vigil was held for the boys on Sunday night in Knowle West at the scene of the tragic incident.

By Will Standring, News Editor

Max Dixon, 16, and Mason Rist, 15, were fatally stabbed minutes from one of their homes in Knowle on Saturday, January 25.

The teenagers were attacked on Ilminster Avenue at about 23:20 by a group who escaped in a car.

Police arrived within minutes and the victims were taken to two hospitals – Southmead Hospital and Bristol Royal Hospital for Children – where they died on Sunday morning.

A fundraiser has now been opened with a goal of £2500 to give the boys ‘the send off they deserve’.

Fundraiser for the boys' families - Shania Hartrey

The fundraiser follows a vigil that around 200 people attended on Sunday night, laying flowers and lighting candles.

A 44-year-old man and a 15-year-old boy were arrested soon after the incident on Saturday.

The police are now appealing to passengers of the number 70 bus which was on Ilminster Avenue at the time of the incident.

CCTV and doorbell footage is being gathered near the scene as well as house-to-house inquiries to identify potential witnesses.

Max’s sister Kayleigh posted a tribute to her brother on Facebook on Sunday reading:

‘My baby brother… one of a kind you are.

‘You sleep tight. A beautiful, kind soul gone. Just taken 16 years so young and innocent oh my heart is broken.

‘I really hope you know how much we love you. How much I love you. You will be missed kiddo I’ll always look out for you in every sunset, shine bright lil’ bro.’

Marvin Rees, the Mayor of Bristol, was at the Vigil on Sunday and said the incident was a ‘tragic loss of life.’

‘I’m thinking of the victims and their families, going through a pain that no parent should have to experience.’

‘We will do all we can to support the families and the local community, working with the police.’

Anyone with information about the incident or with any relevant footage has been asked to contact 101 and quote reference 5224023382.

Epigram readers can donate to the fundraiser for the families using this link.

Featured Image: Mike Labrum via Unsplash

What do you think can be done to end knife crime in the UK?