Bristol students’ library limit increased to 21 hours per week over the Christmas period

The limit will revert back to 14 hours per week after 4 January.

By Epigram News Team

The limit will revert back to 14 hours per week after 2 January.

The amount of library booking hours available for Bristol students has been raised to 21 hours per week until 2 January.

Students are still required to book their space via an online form, as well as follow all COVID-19 precautions upon arrival, including social distancing, an NHS Test and Trace check-in and wearing masks at all times.

The number of bookable library hours has fluctuated for Bristol students this term | Epigram / Siavash Minoukadeh

Seats can be booked up to two weeks in advance.

After 2 January, the library limit for each student will revert back to 14 hours per week.

Students do not need to have a prior booking to come into the Libraries and Study Spaces or to borrow things from collections.

Bristol students’ library limit to be raised from four to eight hours a week
Halls, exams and online learning: A Bristol Pro Vice Chancellor reflects on an extraordinary term

The number of bookable library hours has fluctuated for Bristol students this term, after the policy was introduced in an attempt to limit the spread of coronavirus on campus.

Students had begun the term with just four bookable hours each per week, until the Library Services were able to assess the usage and raise this to eight, following pressure from Bristol SU’s Undergraduate Education Officer, David Ion, and Postgraduate Education Officer, Leah Martindale.

Featured Image: Siavash Minoukadeh

Are you staying in Bristol over the Christmas period?