Knife crime victim confirmed as Bristol student

A University spokesperson confirmed that police advice on remaining safe had been sent to students living in city centre accommodation.

By James Cleaver, Online News Editor

The University of Bristol has confirmed that one of its students was stabbed on Sunday evening on Nelson Street, next to New Bridewell student accommodation.

Epigram reported yesterday on police being called to respond to an assault and robbery at around 20:00 on Sunday 3 March.

While the student's name is unknown, they are said to be in a serious but stable condition.

A University spokesperson said: 'The University is urging students to be vigilant after a student was assaulted in Nelson Street in the city centre on Sunday evening. He was taken to hospital in a serious but stable condition. Thankfully incidents of this nature are very rare, but this has understandably caused worry and concern among students who live in the city centre.

'Information from the police on keeping yourself safe has been sent to all students living in city centre accommodation. Students with any concerns are asked to seek guidance from Security Services or our dedicated police officer. In addition, student support services are available to anyone who needs them.'

The police are investigating and anyone who saw anything on Sunday or who has information is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 5219046796.

Featured image: Epigram / James Cleaver

Facebook // Epigram // Twitter // Instagram