Forwards Festival announces 2024 lineup

Returning to the Downs on 31 August and 1 September, Loyle Carner and LCD Soundsystem are set to take Bristol forwards.

By Jake Paterson, Music Editor

Bristol's greatest festival for the biggest names in alterntive music has anounced its return to the Downs for 2024. Anyone who has attended the festival previously will know what a delight it is to celebrate the end of the summer in our collective back garden with a diverse and perfectly curated day of music alongside panels and talks to push the conversation forwards.

Headlining this years's event is US indie sleaze icons LCD Soundsystem, marking their first show in Bristol for fourteen years and set to play some of their greatest hits including 'Dance Yrself Clean' and 'All My Friends', and beloved UK rapper Loyle Carner, taking the stage after two sold out shows in Bristol in 2022 behind his Mercury Prize nominated album Hugo.

Also included in this years' edition is pioneering electronic musician Four Tet and pop queen Jessie Ware, whilst other bands to look out for include Maribou State, Yard Act, Floating Points, Greentea Peng and Romy.

Tom Paine, the co-founder of Team Love who organise the festival has said:

'Forwards is back for its third year, and we couldn't be produder. Each year it grows, evolves and delivers even more for the city of Bristol and beyond. From an international and genre-spanning music lineup to future thinking talks, initiatives and with a growing-in-popularity kids area, Forwards is the perfect day out for everyone.'

We cannot wait to take to the Downs in the sunshine once again.

Featured Image: giugliotto / Plaster PR