Review: Honest Burgers

Honest Burgers first opened its doors in Bristol last summer and I’ve heard so many good things ever since. I thought I’d pay a visit to see what all the hype was about.

By Nadeen Jawad, fourth year Dental Student

Located on Clare Street in the heart of Bristol’s city centre, Honest is a casual restaurant with a cosy simplistic dining area. The staff in there were very friendly, and were so helpful in recommending the best burgers there!

The menu itself was quite simple and there wasn’t a huge array of options to choose from - which made it a lot easier to decide! Despite this, they do have a good selection of different burgers, including multiple vegetarian options - unlike many other burger chains.

I found out that each Honest Burgers restaurant has its own ‘special’, which can only be found in that particular branch of the restaurant. The Bristol special was called the ‘Poutine’ and this included a beef patty with bacon, smoked cheddar and cheese curds, shoestring fries, cider gravy, onion and pickles - which sounded right up my street.

With the beef burgers, you have a choice in how you wish your burger to be cooked - I opted for a medium-well done Poutine burger. It was deliciously juicy and the flavours worked very well together. As well as this, the rosemary salted fries were also great and much better than your average bowl of chips.

All of the burgers come with fries and are priced at around £9-13 - which is pretty good and so worth it. They also offer a 30% student discount on weekdays, so it’s a real winner!

I would most certainly recommend Honest Burgers as a place to go - it has definitely earnt its place as one of the top burger places in Bristol for me!

Have your say about this article! Email us or comment below!

Featured image: Epigram Food contributor/Nadeen Jawad