Bristol Physics Society wins Best Society in the UK

Bristol SU had a very successful night at the NUS Society Awards, with Chaos Physics Society, Epigram and Women in Finance all receiving awards.

By Zoë Crowther, Students' Union Correspondent

Bristol SU had a very successful night at the NUS National Societies Awards, with Chaos Physics Society, Epigram and Women in Finance all receiving awards.

Last night, (30 April) Chaos scooped up the award for Best Society in the UK, after winning Best Academic Society last year. Epigram won best media society, following recent success at the Student Publication Association National Conference, winning awards for best Digital Media and Best Website. Bristol's Women in Finance also won Most Improved Society.

Chaos President Ostin D'Silva said: 'We feel incredibly thrilled and honoured to be recognised for the work we have done this year. Having been handed over a society that won best academic society last year, we are proud to have built upon the  amazing work done by previous committees.

'The standard of societies at the event was incredibly high and we would like to congratulate everyone who won, especially our fellow societies at Bristol SU.'

Image: Bristol Chaos / George Bemrose

Kate Hutchison, Deputy Online Editor for Epigram, shared her delight: 'I’m so proud of the Epigram team and what we’ve achieved this year! We’ve tried really hard to bring about lasting changes to the paper’s print and digital presence, so I’m over the moon that our work has been recognised by the SPA and now the NUS. We’re truly grateful. Wishing all my luck to next year’s team!'

Union Affairs Officer Stanford offered his thoughts: 'I’ve always said that Bristol is the home of the highest quality extracurricular activity on the planet! To see three of our societies win national awards is a testament to that quality and the hard work of our student groups.

'Huge congratulations to all nominated groups and winners, especially to Chaos who are now officially the best society in the UK. Excited to have this comment published by the country’s best media society!'

Featured Image: Bristol Chaos

What are your thoughts on the National Societies Awards? Let us know:

Facebook // Epigram // Twitter // Instagram