University of Bristol launches student art competition with exciting prizes

Students can enter with paintings, drawings, photos or sculptures.

By Dulcie Godfrey, Arts Digital Editor

The University of Bristol Resilife celebrates World Art Day (15th April) by launcing a student art competition 'under the topic ‘A year at UOB during COVID-19’. Students can enter with paintings, drawings, photos or sculptures.

The comptetion promises prizes, including a £150 cash prize for first place, and an exciting opportunity to have your work exhibited. Details on eligability and how to apply can be found here.

Claire Slater, Director of Student Life and Wellbeing, said: “Over the past year, students at the University of Bristol have shown huge resilience through the many different challenges that no one could have anticipated.

Ginevra / Bristol Alumni

“We would like to celebrate World Art Day by reflecting on 2020 through a student’s eyes, using art to express the resilience shown and many challenges overcome. Thinking about your time here at Bristol this year, we would like your help to capture this and create something spectacular that will last for many years to come.”

The deadline for submissions is Sunday 18 April at 10pm and the winners will announced live on Facebook ‘UOB Resilife’ on Monday 26 April at 10am.

Be sure to check the Student Blog for details about labelling and submitting art digitally or physically at locations acorss campus.

Feature Image: Unsplash / Muhammad Raufan Yusup

Are you going to take part?