By Guy Taylor, Investigations Editor
The four people accused of criminal damage for pulling down the statue of Edward Colston in June last year will go on trial on 13 December.
Jake Skuse, 36, Rhian Graham, 29, Milo Ponsford, 25 and Sage Willoughby, 21, all pleaded not guilty to criminal damage this morning.
They have been granted unconditional bail until December 13.
A pre-trial hearing on November 8 will take place to ‘make sure that everyone is working successfully towards the trial date,’ according to judge Peter Blair QC.
On the upcoming trial, Blair told the defendants: ‘You have pleaded not guilty and therefore I am fixing a trial date of December 13 for you which you must attend without fail on that day and the subsequent days.’
The statue is worth £3,750 and the council have said that it will be placed in a museum.
It was taken down from its plinth during a protest on 7 June last year and thrown into Bristol Harbour until it was recovered by the City Council four days later.
Featured Image: Rufus Atkins
What do you think of the 'Colston 4' trial?