How to hide a hangover - beauty edition

If you actually make it to your seminar or online class with a hangover, first of all congrats – not many make it that far! Secondly, if you did want to make a good impression, here are my top tips on how to hide a hangover!

By Olivia Andrews, Style Sub-Editor

The key to any good makeup look, hungover or not, is a good base. Always start with skincare; it can make such a difference!

Vitamin C is the key to re-energising your skin to eradicate dullness. It will lighten redness from the inevitable alcohol induced breakouts, and generally give your skin a much-needed glow! The Ordinary offers a great affordable option, or if you’re feeling boujee and are ready to blow your recently dropped student loan, then I love the Vitamin C serum from Ren.

Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin | £10 | The Ordinary
Ren Radiance Perfection Serum | £38 | Look Fantastic

The cause of dull, hungover looking skin is mostly dehydration! So, give your skin what it’s gasping for – a big drink!! If you don’t already have this as a staple in your routine - hyaluronic acid is your best tactic. Don’t be afraid by the ‘acid’ as this is the hero of a product that is the secret to plump, fresh looking skin. Also, if you want more of a boosted glow, Tan Luxe’s serum gives a further radiant tanned effect, or for a more budget friendly option, The Inkey List is the place to go.

Tan Luxe Super Glow Serum | £35 | Cult Beauty 
The Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid | £5.99 | Cult Beauty

The Ordinary Caffeine Solution is the best way to try to hide those under-eye bags (the biggest giveaway of sleep deprivation). Loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatories, this lightweight solution depuffs and brightens the eye area. The eye area is delicate, so be sure to tap the product in as this will help boost circulation. Don’t forget to finish the skin with a good moisturiser!

The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% | £5.80 | Cult Beauty

In terms of makeup – if you even wanted to, just continue with your usual routine and a decent undereye concealer. However, I would recommend prepping with a good primer! The Too Faced Hangover Primer is a miracle worker! I mean, even its name is so fitting! This high-performance formula is packed full of probiotics and coconut water, so not only does it leave your skin looking totally airbrushed, but it also makes makeup last for the long day ahead, and it smells delightful too!

Too Faced Hangover Primer | £26 | Cult Beauty

Hopefully this will help you look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, even if you were up till the early hours!

What products do you swear by to hide your hangover?

Four brands that are shaping the world of inclusive beauty

Stay at home spa: Facial massage to destress without any fancy tools

Featured image: Morgan Collins/Epigram