Loungewear essentials edit: Isolate in style and comfort

What was just a minor section of your wardrobe has become the main go-to in the wake of Covid-19. Longwear we salute you.

By Amelia Shoebridge, Third Year Sociology

The Croft Magazine // What was just a minor section of your wardrobe has become the main go-to in the wake of Covid-19. Longwear we salute you.  

Loungewear has always been an essential addition to every student’s wardrobe, there is no more satisfying a feeling than slipping into your favourite pair of tracksuit bottoms and baggy jumper after a long day in class.

If like me, this means you're on the fifth day of wearing the same comfy combo outfit, then it's time to treat yourself to some new loungewear pieces. No one knows how long this isolation will last; therefore, this can definitely go onto the ‘essentials’ part of the shopping list.

Avid fans of Love Island will have seen that this year’s winner Shaughna Phillips has brought out a lounge wear collection with InTheStyle. We all knew it was coming, it has become a Love Island X InTheStyle yearly tradition, but I am extra excited this year with it being Shaughna behind the reins. If anyone can get me to part with my cash it's her. My favourite items of hers is the Washed Stone Jogging Bottoms for a dreamy pair of joggers.

Washed Stone Jogging Bottoms | InTheStyle | £20

The fashion industry and wider society, in general have seen a huge shift towards sustainability and greener alternatives have been championed. One way to shop more environmentally is to purchase from local designers - especially in the current climate. Bristol is blessed with many independent boutiques, such as Loot Vintage, Sobeys and That Thing. One Bristol store I love is Fox and Feather. They have the most gorgeous selection of knitted jumpers and cardigans, my current favourite being Fox and Feather's Zal Cardigan for the softest isolation knit.

Y.A.S, Zal Cardigan Light Gret Melange | Fox and Feather | £48.00

For those who enjoy wearing clothes designed with boys and girls in mind, COLLUSION, sold on ASOS, is perfect for those seeking unisex garments. It is student budget-friendly and the perfect amount of quirkiness goes into the design, especially in this straight-leg grey tracksuit.

COLLUSION Unisex check straight leg joggers | ASOS | £30

Have a stay at home win and treat yourself to comfort and style this Spring.

Marie Kondo eat your heart out: How to organise your wardrobe like a pro

Featured: Epigram / Laura Mallinson