News2023

Bristol University climbs six places in prestigious QS World University Rankings 2024

The University of Bristol has made a soaring ascent in the QS World University Rankings 2024, moving up six places to secure the 55th position. It also has successfully maintained its position as the ninth-best university in the UK in the same rankings.

Image Courtesy - University of Bristol

By Milan Perera, Deputy Editor

The QS World University Rankings is an annual publication that evaluates around 2,963 universities worldwide based on ten metrics, including academic reputation, employer reputation, international diversity, research citations, and commitment to sustainability among others. The rankings are regarded as a benchmark for excellence in academia and are highly respected by students, educators, and employers.

A university building on the scenic Royal Fort Gardens - Milan Perera

Professor Evelyn Welch, the Vice-Chancellor at the University of Bristol, expressed her delight at the University’s improved position in the global rankings. She remarked:

‘I am pleased to see Bristol recognised as an outstanding global university. Moving up in QS’ global rankings is no small achievement given an expanding field of impressive and ambitious higher education institutions around the world.

‘I would like to thank our amazing staff and students who have made this possible. It is their hard work, creativity and connectivity that makes this University one of the best places in the world to study and work.’

H.H Wills Physics Laboratory - Milan Perera

The University of Bristol has consistently demonstrated its academic prowess across a wide range of disciplines over the years. Its research-intensive approach has yielded breakthroughs in fields such as engineering, mathematics, social sciences, medicine, and the humanities. The institution's reputation for producing highly skilled graduates, who excel in their respective fields, has further cemented its place as a pioneer among universities both within the UK and beyond.

Performing Arts at the University of Bristol - Milan Perera

University of Bristol's thriving academic community, combined with state-of-the-art facilities and a vibrant campus life, has attracted students and academics steadily from around the world over the years. The university's commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment has contributed to its international appeal and strengthened its global standing.

Vibrant cultural offerings in Bristol - Milan Perera

University of Bristol was founded in 1876 and steadily rose to prominence in its rich history that spans over 100 years. Currently, it offers 307 Undergraduate programmes and 239 Postgraduate programmes on a range of disciplines from humanities to computer science.

Victoria Rooms - Milan Perera

The city of Bristol prides itself in its vibrant cultural scene, friendly atmosphere and its independent spirit. It has been a hub of creativity, culture and entertainment over the years with an array of green spaces, architecture and parks to complement. These factors have no doubt contributed to Bristol’s reputation as a student-friendly city worldwide.