Winter skin care essentials

With the sudden change in the weather it is time to think about giving your skin that extra protection it needs. Follow my 4 key steps to maintain glowing skin all winter long!

By Morgan Collins, Style Digital Editor

The Croft Magazine // With the sudden change in the weather it is time to think about giving your skin that extra protection it needs. Follow my 4 key steps to maintain glowing skin all winter long!

1. Gel to cream

Gel moisturisers are great for hydration and controlling oil production. However, with the change in the weather they sometimes are not enough to combat dryness. Swap them out for a light cream to lock in that moisture and use a hyaluronic acid serum beforehand to ensure you’re still getting that hydration. The Inkey List’s Hyaluronic Acid serum and Peptide Moisturiser are a great combination.

The Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid, £5.99 | Cult Beauty
The Inkey List Peptide Moisturiser, £14.99 | Cult Beauty

2. Get that glow

Without much sunlight, right now it’s harder than ever to get that glow. This is where Vitamin C becomes essential. This antioxidant inhibits melanin production in the skin, helps lighten dark spots and enhances your skins overall radiance. Best applied in serum form, Vitamin C will absolutely give you that healthy glow.

Sunday Riley C.E.O Glow Vitamin C and Tumeric Oil, £34 | Spacenk

3. Protect that skin barrier

The biggest skin issues this time of year is dryness, so it is important to keep your skin barrier as healthy as possible to avoid cracking and flaky skin. Look for products with Ceramides. They are a key ingredient in helping the skin strengthen its barrier and allows the skin to retain moisture. Ceramides also minimise the effects of environmental damage, such as pollution, meaning they are especially helpful in cities.

Cerave Facial Moisturising Lotion, £13 | Look Fantastic

4. Don't forget SPF

Do not be fooled into thinking that because it isn’t sunny SPF is unnecessary, UVA rays can still penetrate on cloudy and rainy days, so don’t forget to apply your sunscreen!

Bondi Sands Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+, £6.99 | Look Fantastic

What products will you be introducing into your skin care routine?

Best YouTube 'skinfluencers' to watch

Beauty advent calendars that won't break the bank

Featured image: Epigram/Morgan Collins