Albums to hear this November

Are deadlines starting to pile? Are you spending more and more time indoors as the weather gets more and more wet and dreary? Well, why not lose yourself in one of November's best music releases.

By Guy Marcham, Deputy Music Editor

Michael Kiwanuka - KIWANUKA

Out November 1st 

A majestic third album by the British soul singer-songwriter. Following up the sprawling psychedelia of Love and Hate is no mean feat – yet Kiwanuka makes it seem effortless with his new timeless offering. A cacophony of Hendrix esque guitars, dazzling instrumentation and Kiwanuka’s heart on sleeve emotive soul vocal meet as the singer tackles themes of social anxiety and self-doubt.

Omni - Networker

Out November 1st

If you like quickfire post-punk bangers that rarely stretch over the 3-minute mark – then Omni are for you. With pointed guitar driven angular riffs akin to Parquet Courts and a lively upbeat 70s spirit reminiscent of Steely Dan, Omni sure know how to pack a punch. An instantly American set of ferocious guitar tones and vocal drawl that culminate in a blistering crescendo, made to force you to sit up and pay attention. ‘Skeleton Key’ is an instant banger and perfectly sums up Omni’s no-nonsense approach.

Sudan Archives - Athena

Out November 1st

After a string of several brilliant EP’s, November sees Sudan Archives finally release her much anticipated debut album. A unique pop offering that sees LA based, Brittney Parks, combine melodic electronic trickles with experimental violin playing for a sound that draws on dulcet R&B and haunting 90s trip hop. An effective concoction of pop sensibility and avant garde creative freedom. An artist who warrants a lot more recognition.

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I Made A Place

Out 15th November

Cult alternative country legend, Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy returns with his first album of original material since 2011’s Wolfroy Goes to Town. Billy is an artist like no other in this day and age. The singer’s heartfelt and earnest lyrical prowess finding a way of creeping up on you and stunning you into moments of pure awakening. The inherent darkness of his subtle and baron acoustic arrangements helps focus attention on his magical lyrical depth. I Made a Place promises to be no different.

Girl Ray - Girl

Out November 22nd

As soon as the swirling playful synth of ‘Girl’ sprints into action amongst a sparkling backdrop – you know you’re in for a treat. As if feeding your ears to an extra delicious  piece of candy. ‘Girl’ is also the name of Girl Ray’s much awaited second album set for release this November. Recorded with Ash Workman of Christine and the Queens and Metronomy fame – the album promises to be a dazzling feature of playlists to come with its sun kissed pop and instantly catchy groove.