Travel Editor Nick Bloom interviews Chloe Newman, French Soc’s Vice President, about their flagship event.

Nick: Ooh la la! Go on Chloe, sell me French Soc’s trip to Paris!

Chloe: Excitement! This term, we have organised a society trip to Paris for the first weekend of the Easter holidays. The trip is open to all our members, but the deadline is approaching and places are filling up fast!

image2
The Eiffel Tower - a must when in Paris

Nick: Tell me more! Travel plans?

Chloe: We’ll be taking a bus and ferry - typical student travel and the cheapest option. Money saved on travel can be put towards a fun treat, such as entry to an art gallery or a fancy patisserie. Also, nothing says group bonding like
a 13-hour coach journey!

Nick: Talk to me about food...

Chloe: The Committee has organised a group meal for the Saturday at a really lovely restaurant near the hostel. A coffee in Montmartre, crêpes along the Seine, tender frogs legs and garlicky snails for the more adventurous, oysters and crème brûlée for the more indulgent! And, of course, as many croissants as we can get our hands on and plenty of café au lait to keep us energised for our jam-packed schedule!

#croissant ❤️ #paris

A post shared by 🇫🇷 Paris France Official (@parisfranceofficial) on

Nick: Is a weekend enough?

Chloe: Defo! We’re planning on getting lots done, so get your walking shoes on! An afternoon stroll around Montmartre, a trip to Notre Dame and Invalides, a few museums, a bar crawl and lots of eating are on the menu.

Nick: The inevitable student question... How much is it?

Chloe: £149, including two nights accommodation, return travel to and from Bristol, breakfast, a group meal and a few additional perks!

image1
A trip down the Seine anyone?

Nick: Last but not least...Are you worried about the Seine rising?!

Chloe: Of course!! C’est une catastrophe... The rat problem is bad enough in Paris! All jokes aside, the Seine is rising to levels that many fear will lead to worse flooding than the city suffered in the famous floods of 1910. I don’t anticipate that our trip will be affected, but I’m concerned that the floods will cause irrevocable damage to Paris’ beautiful architecture.

via GIPHY

If you would like to find out more about UoB French Soc or the trip, please see the Facebook page or feel free to contact Chloe Newman.

Featured image: Epigram / Ellie Caulfield

Are you interested in sharing your travelling tales? Get in touch!

Instagram // Twitter // Facebook