University of Bristol rises two places in Complete University Guide 2021

The University of Bristol has risen two places to take 14th position overall in The Complete University Guide 2021, which was published this morning.

By Filiz Emily Gurer, News Editor

Bristol was ranked against over 130 other UK Universities.

UoB has ranked 4th overall nationally for research intensity, and took joint 9th position for its research quality and degree completion.

14 of its degree subjects have been ranked in the top ten nationally.

The University, which consistently ranks highly, has this year risen again across eight of the ten following measures: student satisfaction, research quality, research intensity, entry standards, student/staff ratio; spending on academic services; spending on student facilities; good honours degrees; graduate prospects and completion.

The Complete University Guide 2021 Rankings | The Complete University Guide

In a statement today, the University of Bristol announced that the highest ranked subjects included General Engineering (called Engineering Design at Bristol) and Sociology which are ranked 2nd.

Veterinary Science was ranked third 3rd, while Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering (equivalent to Aerospace Engineering at Bristol) comes in at 4th and Civil Engineering ranked at 5th.

The Complete University Guide’s online league table is published annually by an independent assessing body which evaluates and places universities across a range of criteria and across 70 subjects.

Featured Image: Filiz Emily Gurer

What are your thoughts on UoB's ranking?