By Alexia Kirov, Music Editor

With almost four-decades worth of experience behind them, indie legends James bring their latest album to The Forum Bath this Thursday (07/03/19).

Having released three LPs in the last five years and sold out venues across the country – this week, James make their first visit to Bath in two and a half decades.

Their most recent album, Living in Extraordinary Times, came out in August. From opening track ‘Hank’, it’s politically charged: indeed, its title – in part – refers to the likes of Brexit and Donald Trump’s presidency. But the title is also a nod towards "some of the amazing things that are going on" - such as moves towards tackling the environmental crisis, according to James multi-instrumentalist Saul Davies.

Indeed, the album offers more than just commentary on current affairs; it offers healing for our troubled times, too, in the way of folky 'Many Faces', one of the new tracks the band performed on Later... With Jools Holland last May.

This new material that can be expected at The Forum – and across the band’s 12 date tour. But James are firm in their belief that their set list should change every night – so alongside Living In Extraordinary Times material, there could be just about anything from their fifteen-album back catalogue.

This is more the case than ever for this tour; James aren't on the road with a support act this time around. But that doesn’t mean there won’t be any support – James will be playing an acoustic set before the main gig – so be sure to get there early to catch what will be a unique experience.

Featured image: INFECTIOUS RECORDS / James

Want to write a review for Epigram Music? Get in touch...