Whiteladies M&S store opening in March

Despite work being well underway since March of 2018, builders are yet to complete the new Marks and Spencer renovation on Whiteladies Road.

By Hannah Worthington, Online Editor

ext
Image: Greg O'Connor, 2018: the start of building work

The store was meant to be completed initially by the '19th July' 2018. Failing that, managers were given 'around 10 different dates' of completion, including 21st February 2019 this week, said Greg O'Connor the new Clifton Store Manager.

Yet although the 'new 3000 sq foot convenience format' looks shiny, and the infrastructure in keeping with the Bristolian brickwork, the foodhall remains bare. All that is in place are pillars - no fridges, no bakery, and certainly no percy pigs.

Image: Cameron Scheijde 2019: Progress a year on, but not complete

However, speaking to Greg, Epigram can reveal that the idea of an M&S Foodhall in BS8 does not need to remain the figure of a third year's imagination. Though delayed, the store is set to launch on the 28th March 2019. That's over 3 months for third years to enjoy having an M&S close by, and the future for freshers and second years certainly looks brighter.

It looks like the days of travelling to M&S Broadmead to get our Colin the Caterpillars are coming to an end...!

Featured Image: epigram / Cameron Scheijde