Bristol SU announces Refreshers 2022

Between the 21- 30 January, Bristol SU is holding Refreshers to kick start the new year.

By Alice Clarke, SU Correspondent

Following the success of Welcome Week earlier this term, all events will be held in-person across campus subject to Covid-19 restrictions. They will offer students a chance to find out and get involved with a variety of societies, sports and activities they may have missed out on in September.

The Refreshers Fair will be taking place in the Anson Rooms on 23 January and will include freebies and discounts, as well as free slices of Domino’s pizza!

On the same day, student groups will also be hosting a Give it a Go Takeover Day in the Richmond Building. This will be a great opportunity for new and returning students to try out different activities before committing to membership, and to meet new people.

The Give it a Go Takeover will mark the start of two weeks of Give it a Go events, with plenty of opportunities for students to pick up something new in the New Year.

Other events across campus include tie dye workshops, film nights, a vintage kilo sale and the opening of the brand new SU Living Room extension.

Ifrah Farooq, the Union Affairs Officer, said of the plans, ‘We know that many students feel like they’ve missed out on the full student experience over the past 2 years and events like Refreshers are a key part of this. We’re working hard to ensure that new and returning students have the opportunity to get involved next year.

‘Refreshers is your chance to meet new people, pick up a new sport or hobby and find your community- which is all so much easier in person!’

Students will be required to provide one of the following three items in order to gain access to certain events: proof of double vaccination via the NHS or international app, proof of a negative lateral flow test via result text or e-mail confirmation, or proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19 lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test.

Featured Image:Bristol SU

Students can find the full programme of events here.