Arrests made following stabbings in Clifton

Nine people have been arrested after fighting was reported in Clifton by members of the public on 31 October.

By Megan Evans, News Editor

Nine people have been arrested after fighting was reported in Clifton by members of the public today, on 31 October 2021.

Police were called to the scene of ‘significant disorder’ on Queen’s Avenue at 2:45am.

Avon & Somerset police have stated that four males were found to have been stabbed at the scene and were taken to hospital for treatment, and that a fifth male was later treated for similar injuries.

All five men have been arrested after being discharged from hospital, along with four others.

A police cordon remains in place across Queen’s Avenue, with the cordoned area including the University of Bristol building Beacon House.

‘Additional high-visibility patrols are due to be conducted in the area going forward,’ according to a statement from Avon & Somerset Police.

The police cordon currently in place | Epigram/Helen March

Enquiries are ongoing and anyone with information is encouraged to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

First West of England have said that the U1 and 72 bus services will both be diverted, whilst Queen's Avenue remains closed off.

Featured Image: Epigram / Savannah Coombe

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.