Two men arrested following video of 'drink spiking' in Bristol

Two men have been arrested following footage from a Bristol nightclub which appears to show a man dropping something into a woman's drink. They are being held in custody on suspicion of administering a noxious substance.

By Isobel Turner, News Subeditor

Avon and Somerset police have issued a statement saying Enquiries into this incident are ongoing. We’d like to hear from anyone else with information which could help.

This investigation which has led to the arrest of two 18 year old men from Gloucestershire has followed the video being shared on social media this week.

The video in question appears to show a trio facing a camera. The man reaches behind the two women to pick up his drink, appearing to drop something into the drink of the woman next to him in the same movement.

The University of West England tweeted on Friday 1 October so say that according to our records the man named in the video is not enrolled as a student at our university.

The police have advised that If you believe your drink has been tampered with on a night out, we'd recommend alerting bar or security staff at the venue, reporting the incident to police by calling 101 and seeking immediate medical advice. The same applies if you’re with someone and believe their drink has been tampered with.

Avon & Somerset police have said that enquiries into the incident are still ongoing, and have advised anyone with information to call 101 and use the reference 5221228105.

Featured image: Epigram