Dress to impress - Christmas Day outfit inspiration

The Croft Magazine // Our Style editors share with you what they will be wearing this Christmas Day.

By Morgan Collins, Digital Style Editor

Dressing for Christmas Day can be a bit of a minefield. You want to be dressy yet comfy, smart but not overdressed, and don’t want to die of heat exhaustion from a chunky Christmas jumper. During a year where the opportunities to dress up have been slim, Christmas is the perfect time to crack out those fancy pieces that have been sat at the back of your wardrobe. For inspiration, the Style team have put together an edit of what they will all be wearing this Christmas day.

Style Editor, Manon

Is there anything more festive than a sequin dress? I think not. Here Manon has gone for a burgundy colour sequin cocktail dress for a flirty look, paired with a mosaic-print heeled boot which adds even more fun. The burgundy colour of the dress feels very Christmassy and certainly oozes all the glamour that anyone could wish for on the big day.

Style Digital Editor, Morgan

Black velvet is the quintessential Christmas fabric for me. It feels glamorous, decadent and very festive. Here I have paired these black velvet trousers with a long-line white shirt to make the look a tad smarter. Also, the fact also that the shirt is oversized makes it perfect for spending the day in and minimises the worry of it creasing. The layered gold jewellery and loafers tie the look together, making it all-round chic yet comfortable.

Style Deputy Editor, May

For May, dressing for Christmas is all about making the most of the festive colours. She has teamed a pleated, red tartan skirt with a black roll neck for a simple and chic look that feels very Christmas-appropriate. The way she has matched the colour red in her skirt to her beret gives the look a cohesive feel and adds a fun point of interest that is perfect for Christmas Day!

What will you be wearing on Christmas Day?

Featured image: Epigram/Morgan Collins

Check out The Croft Magazine on Instagram for some more stylish content!