The Croft Editor's letter: Issue 12

The Croft Magazine // Go with the flow, trying to relax at an otherwise chaotic time.

By Orin Carlin, The Croft Editor

Frankie says relax! But how exactly?

Everyone is different when it comes to nailing the art of relaxation. Some might like to listen to a motivational podcast (too annoying), be at one with nature (too boring) go for a run (too exhausting to even think about). My personal weapon of choice is an eye-wateringly hot bath while I listen to Desert Island Discs and steam my face (yes, I am middle-aged and no, it’s not a pretty sight).

If spending some quality time with your significant other allows you to destress (I won’t presume, maybe they’re the real pain in your arse), this fortnight in The Croft we have put together a collection of cute Bristol date locations. Or perhaps a spot of retail therapy usually does the trick, in which case Style have complied a must-read guide to shopping on Gloucester Road.

But don’t forget to indulge in the small things that can instantly lift your mood. Prescribing a few days peace is often easier said than done, especially for those of you who are rather lacking in the reading week department. (No complaints please. As an Arts student I heartily embrace Woodland Road’s ‘shabby chic’ interior and fully accept that my £9k creeps away to the Science faculty in return for my delicious week off.)

However, I encourage you to take the time to find out what mode of relaxation suits you best and if all else fails, you must (of course) blast one particularly sinful 80s pop song as loud as you possibly can.

Frankie says so. Works every time.

Feaured Image: Unsplash / freestocks

Check out The Croft Magazine on Instagram for some more stylish content!