University of Bristol reveals new plans to expand Temple Quarter campus

The University of Bristol has launched a public consultation on the development of its recently bought sites adjacent to the current Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus.

By Emilie Robinson, Digital News Editor

The Wales and West Utilities and Vauxhall and Kawasaki Drive sites in the St. Philip’s area are to be developed alongside the Universities existing plans to build on Cattle Market Road and Temple Island.

The plans, which are influenced by the industrial heritage of the site, show a series of stepped buildings ranging from four to eight stories.

The development will take place on the Wales and West Utilities and Vauxhall and Kawasaki Drive sites in the St. Philip’s area | Allford Hall Monaghan Morris

These will be presented online until 7 October, showing details of the proposed uses, scale, massing and access arrangements.

Professor Guy Orpen, Deputy Vice-Chancellor for New Campus Development, said: ‘The development of these sites represents an important next step in the evolution of our Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus and will act as a catalyst in the area to stimulate future development in St Philip’s.

‘We are in the early stages of developing long-term plans and as such do not have a definitive timeline or details of how these spaces will be used in the future.

‘We are doing this now to secure the future of these sites and look forward to sharing more detailed plans in due course.

‘We will continue working in collaboration with city partners to contribute to the placemaking potential in the area, help enhance travel routes to and from the city centre, create an inclusive city district and attract investment to further boost the local economy.’

The University will consider the public’s view before submitting an Outline Planning Application to Bristol City Council.

Permission for a mix of research, enterprise and education spaces along with improved public spaces will be sought by the application.

Featured Image: Allford Hall Monaghan Morris

What do you think of the proposed plans?