NewsFoodcovid-19

Wriggle launches initiative to help local independents in the face of COVID-19

Wriggle, an app that promotes offers in independent food establishments across Bristol has launched ‘Indie Kitty’. The initiative aims to help small businesses who are under significant financial strain in the face of the Coronavirus pandemic.

By Bethany Marris, Deputy Digital Editor

Customers now have the chance to purchase vouchers between the value of £5 and £40 through the Wriggle app. These will then be redeemable against menu items once businesses have re-opened. Wriggle have also decided to waive the usual fees for each voucher transaction, thus all the money raised through this campaign will go straight to the restaurants, bars and cafes.

Through their social media channels and in a statement on their website, Wriggle have explained that ‘Indie Kitty is a chance for people to give independent businesses extra support in uncertain times', continuing that 'these vouchers will help put cash in the tills so these venues keep in business'.

The scheme is also in operation in Cardiff, Bath, Brighton and Hove, Manchester and Birmingham.

Featured Image: Wriggle