By Olivia Beatson, Digital News Editor
A member of staff is believed to have been injured after falling through the ceiling mid-way through Lakota's Bonfire Night event.
Videos on posted on Twitter appear to show an individual having fallen through the ceiling and onto the dance floor during Lakota's Shutdown Bonfire Night: Kanine - Unleashed Tour ft. Simula & T>I event.
Epigram has learned from attendees that the upstairs area, from which the man is thought to have fallen, had been closed to clubbers before the beginning of the night.
According to one witness, the man was given gas and air whilst being attended to by paramedics.
Some attendees have also claimed that their phones were taken to prevent recordings of the accident. However, this has not been confirmed by Lakota.
Talking to Epigram one individual commented on the events being allowed to continue, saying: 'I was quite surprised as I was worried more roof would fall down.'
In a statement, a representative from Lakota said: ' We can confirm that a member of our staff was involved in an accident last night at the club. That member of staff is not in hospital and is recovering at home.
'A small area of the club had been closed off - with barriers - to all members of the public and all staff. However, during the evening one member of staff accessed the space and unfortunately fell.
'Whilst we dealt with our injured member of staff, the club was put on standby for 55mins with music off and lights on and the garden and outdoor area opened up for access.'Featured image: Flickr/Alex
Did you attend this event? Let us know!