Bristol SU Live: How to see big names in comedy and music on a student budget

Bristol SU Live is the Students Union’s live brand, presenting an array of entertainment including comedy, live music, speaker events and theatre.

By Bristol SU

Sponsored Content

The Anson Rooms is one of Bristol’s best loved venues and has played host to an impressive roster of high profile acts from Ed Sheeran to Amy Winehouse.

The programme features up and coming comedians fresh off the circuit in Edinburgh with our Proper Jokes comedy series, right through to household names. We host live music performances from across different genres, as well as theatre performances by student groups.

Star of Death in Paradise, Father Ted and My Hero, Ardal O'Hanlon | Bristol SU

Events at the Bristol SU Live can give you access to some of the best live performances in the city, even on a student budget with student deals available across the line-up. There are a number of highlights coming up to look forward to over the coming months.

If you’re a comedy fan...

Don’t miss out on the Proper Jokes Comedy Club on Friday 1 November. A sell out during Welcome Week - come along to the Anson Rooms Bar for another night of cracking stand up with Grainne Maguire, Nigel Ng and Morgan Rees.

Or if you’d prefer to watch someone you’ve seen on the TV, catch Ardal O’Hanlon in December. Star of Death in Paradise, Father Ted and My Hero, Ardal delivers acclaimed stand-up shows online.

Catch Dutch rockers Delain in February | Bristol SU

If you prefer some live music...

Legendary pioneers of space rock, Hawkwind, are performing across the UK in celebration of 50 years of their musical journey. Or bag your tickets in advance for Dutch symphonic rockers Delain and special guests who’ll be joining us in February.

Featured Image: Bristol SU

You can also check out film screenings, speaker events, performances and more online