Review: Franco Manca

Located in the centre of Bristol, Franco Manca is an authentic Pizzeria which offers woodfire pizza for a bargain of a price!

By Nicole Abou-abdallah, Epigram Food Online Editor

Using the 'Unidays' app, you can secure yourself a large pizza off the set menu for £7 (and an additional glass of the house wine for £1.50)!

On entry, the restaurant was filled with beautiful lights and we were welcomed with friendly faces on arrival. The seating area was buzzing with customers, yet large enough to accommodate for all.

The menu was simple and consisted of six pizzas, with vegetarian and gluten-free options available. I opted for the 'number 5' pizza, which consisted of tomato, garlic chunks, oregano, capers, olives, anchovies, and mozzarella. Despite being picky and asking to swap the anchovies and capers for mushrooms and artichoke, the staff were very accommodating and happy to make amendments.

The service was very quick and the pizza was cooked to perfection. It is important to note that the pizza was heavily topped with garlic, however this did not stop me from drizzling my crusts in the delicious garlic oil.

Topping-wise, the serving was generous and the dough was soft and crusty. The tomato base was divine and the amount of cheese was just perfect.

56879438_2160442014039341_6637704289034698752_n-1
Image: Epigram food/ Nicole Abou-abdallah

Overall, my experience at Franco Manca was very pleasant, with quality pizza at such a decent price!

Featured image: Epigram Food/ Nicole Abou-abdallah

Have your say about this article! Email us or comment below!