Bristol's outdoor study spaces

With the majority of the world’s political leaders happily ignoring the ticking time bomb that is global warming, we may as well make the most of these early spells of Southwestern sun and take our studies outside.

By Hope Riley, Living Editor

See below for places to get some fresh air whilst you work!

Royal Fort Gardens

Look no further than the expansive grassy area outside Royal Fort Lodge and the Physics building - strewn with daffodils at this time of year and with plenty of tables and chairs for getting your work done in the sunshine.

The Balloon Bar

Most UoB students are probably familiar with the SU's Balloon Bar in Clifton. A popular venue for charity pub quizzes, or somewhere to have a cheap pint after a long day in the library, the Balloon Bar also offers some nice outdoor seating which is often quiet in the daytime.

Brandon Hill

If you don't mind sitting on the grass to do your work rather than at a table, you can enjoy some beautiful views of Bristol on the sloping hill behind Berkeley Square and the Clifton Triangle. You could even climb up Cabot Tower as a study break - a must-visit for every UoB student!

Epigram / Olivia Critoph

The Hawthorns

Admittedly there are only a couple of benches outside the Hawthorns café and study centre, so things can get a bit dog-eat-dog when the sun comes out, but it's a great spot to work in the centre of campus if you are one of the lucky few to get a seat.

The Downs

The perfect spot for first-year Stoke Bishop dwellers to head during the spring and summer months when halls' designated study spaces get a bit cramped and sweaty. Be warned that there isn't much shade, so be sure to bring some suncream if you're going to be there all day.

Featured image: Epigram / Hannah Worthington

Where do you like to study when the sun comes out? Let us know in the comments below or on social media.

Facebook / Epigram / Twitter