Bristol SU Live Spring Programme

The spring programme for Bristol SU Live (Anson Rooms) is up and running and in addition to the great comedy line-up, there’s a host of gigs and speaker events.

Sponsored Content

The spring programme for Bristol SU Live (Anson Rooms) is up and running and in addition to the great comedy line-up, there’s a host of gigs and speaker events. Remember – students don’t have to pay a booking fee to any of our events so there’s an automatic saving. Here are some of the highlights:

BJABF-Students-fb

Comedy

If you like your comedy cheap and cheerful then the Proper Jokes Comedy Club is the one for you. Expect three different comedians for only £5.
If you prefer big names then make sure you snap up your tickets for Reginald D Hunter. He’s heading to the Anson Rooms in May for the Bristol leg of his UK tour Facing The Beast.

For more of a mix between comedy, music and revolutionary socialism (!), Lefty Scum will be right up your street, bringing together Josie Long, Grace Petrie and Jonny & The Baptists.

Live Music

Bristol International Jazz and Blues Festival will be taking over the building for a full weekend in March. Even better, there’s a 20% ticket discount for students and a free stage running in The Balloon Bar.
If you prefer rock music then Idlewild will be heading to the Anson Rooms in April to kick off their Spring Tour.

Speakers

Calling all UK adventure lovers! Kendal Mountain Festival is back on the road with its UK Tour, celebrating the exploration of some of the wildest places on earth. You’ll also have the chance to hear from one of the world’s leading high altitude climbers and an endurance cyclist.

Historian David Starkey will also be heading to the Anson Rooms to speak on the radically shifting marriage customs of the British monarchy, from the middle ages to the modern day.

You can view the full programme at www.bristolsu.org.uk/bristol-su-live

Featured Image: Bristol SU